Sunday, November 13, 2011

The Fireman and the Dalmatian

We had a full weekend of costume parties this year.  I wanted the kids to have a theme...Nolan has been so interested firetrucks I asked him if he wanted to dress up as a Fireman.  He agreed although he had NO idea what he was agreeing too!  With Nolan's costume planned out, I decided Ellie could be a little Dalmatian.  And here you go...my strong-willed Fireman and sweet Dalmatian.




It was full weekend.  On Friday, I took the day off to take the kids to both Jason's office and mine.  They were so cute!  Then, Saturday we had a family costume party at a neighbor's.  What a fun night...they had a scavenger hunt, pumpkin carving, lot's of food and games, and...a hay-ride which was run by Jason.  We filled the trailer with hay-bales and pulled it behind his tractor.  What a hit!!  At one point I think Jason had a load of 12 kids...Nolan felt pretty cool that it was 'his' tractor :)

We took the kids trick-or-treating on Monday night.  Nolan was sooooooo excited...until we actually had to walk up to a house.  All of a sudden his shyness took over.  It took him about an hour to warm up to the idea, but then he really got into it.  Have I mentioned how much I love our neighborhood?  The entire evening was such a social event!  One of our neighbors were projecting a pumpkin cartoon on their garage, had hot apple cider and a bon-fire.  The kids watched the movie while we warmed up with yummy drinks taking little breaks to go to a few houses. 

It was a busy weekend, but oh-so-fun!



No comments:

Post a Comment