Below is a day in the life of the Holthaus crew, caught on camera. I got this idea from a fabulous group of women I have met. Each has taken a turn sharing a 'day in the life'. It has been a fun way to get to know everyone a little better. The ladies's are there for me and each other to share in the joys, the tough days, the absolutely heartbreaking days...and every day in-between. They can raise you up when you need it, or simply be a sounding board for a vent. They are such strong women and I'm so glad I found them. I can honestly say, I've met one of my best friends through this group!
So...now for a glimpse into our life. This might be a mega-post with all the pictures...hope you enjoy :)
Friday, June 3
My day started at 5:30 when Ellie woke up to nurse. Ellie is in a bassinet by the bed, so I don't have to get up to feed her...very nice! She quickly ate and we both went back to sleep.
7 AM
Jason left to go to work. No pictures of this because I was still sleeping!
8:30 AM...
 |
| How can I not wake up happy when this is the first thing I see? |
|
|
 |
| first diaper change of the day... |
|
|
|
|
 |
| pick out an outfit |
|
|
|
|
Meanwhile...
 |
| Nolan's alarm clock...when the sun comes on, he can get up! |
 |
| Still sleeping...this is a record!! Somewhere around 6:30 he had crawled into our bed |
 |
| My two sleepy-heads |
9:00...
 |
| Time to let Maya out |
 |
| Diaper changing time again |
 |
| Our newest trick to get Nolan to lay still during diaper changes...hold Ellie's hand. Quite sweet isn't it? |
 |
| A little breakfast |
 |
| This morning was a little different...we had the fridge repair guy there during breakfast. |
10:00...
 |
| Getting ready for morning nap! |
 |
| Don't judge...this is the only way I get to brush my teeth, and... |
 |
| ...unload the dishwasher! |
|
10:30...Nolan plays and gets into things while I try to clean myself up a bit...
 |
| Getting into Mama's make-up |
 |
| Oh no...I find utensils all over the house |
|
10:30...
 |
| One more diaper change... |
 |
| ...get the shoes on... |
 |
| ...and off we go on errands! Ellie doesn't like to just 'sit around' in the car seat. We need to get moving! |
11:30...home from errands. Now lunch...
 |
| Ellie, just done with her feeding |
12:00...a little more play-time
1:00...
 |
| Moon says it's time for a nap! |
 |
| Ellie's ready! |
 |
| Nolan is a bit more difficult. See his toes? He falls asleep in front of his door and then I have to pick him up and into bed. |
1:30 Mommy-time. A shower (sorry, no pic!) and then on to...
 |
| Laundry! I swear I could do laundry every day! |
 |
| Wash a few dishes... |
 |
| ...a little Mommy/Ellie time! |
 |
| Maya likes to be with the girls! |
 |
| Hold your head up high Ellie!! |
4:55...Nolan gets up from his nap, and our favorite part of the day...
 |
| Daddy is home! |
 |
| Ahhh, sweet kisses |
 |
| Another diaper change for Nolan. He just has to be close to lil' sis! |
 |
| Love this picture...all my favorite people (and pups) in one picture...the way our life is! |
 |
| Helping Dad hook up the trailer to go look at a new swing-set...did not purchase :( |
6:00 - 8:00...time to play with the neighbors
 |
| The sword was soon taken away! |
 |
| Happy to be held by Daddy :) |
 |
| Nothing better on a warm evening... |
8:00...Bedtime
 |
| Being silly... or fighting sleep? |
 |
| Got to get those pj's on |
 |
| Out til midnight :) |
9:00...Quiet house.
 |
| popcorn... |
 |
| ...and a movie |
 |
| I'll be lucky to make it through (I actually did!) |
Well, there you have it! That sums up an average day. One note...dinner pictures were missing. This is because Nolan was throwing a tantrum having to come inside. In the stress of trying to get him to settle down, I forgot to pick up the camera!
No comments:
Post a Comment