Saturday, March 26, 2011

Ellie's Birthday - March 14, 2011

I'm sure most of you know that our newest addition, Ellie Marian, joined us 12 days ago.  She was born about a week early and we couldn't have been more ready to meet her!  Mom is happy she arrived early as she already weighed in as our 'big' girl: 7 lbs, 14 oz, 21" long!  I wasn't expecting her to be quite that big as Nolan only weighed 6 lbs, 9 oz and was 21"...and he was late.  It was still a fast, easy, healthy delivery so we are blessed!

She is the 2nd grandchild on the Holthaus side and 5th on the Hickman side.  First girl...and the biggest :)  She knew she was going to have to fight for her own!

Big brother Nolan is adjusting really well.  He can't seem to get enough kisses in!  However, he gets a bit upset if he can't hold her when he is ready :)

Jason and I are also getting used to our new schedule.  She is a good sleeper at night which has REALLY helped!  It has been a much quicker adjustment than it was with Nolan...partly, I'm sure, because we are chasing him around and you don't have another option!  The past week I have still been sending Nolan to day-care for half days as I adjust.  It also allows him to play with his friends.  We have Nolan at an in-home day-care and he is one of three kids there.  He does so well and loves to socialize! 

Ellie has been a very laid back, mellow baby.  Another blessing!  Please enjoy a few pictures:





1 comment:

  1. Love your new blog site. Will be fun to see pics of Nolan & Ellie as they grow. Thanks for sharing. Love - Mom

    ReplyDelete